Born in Essaouira in Morocco, Mahdi Naim now lives between Lyon and Casablanca.
After 8 years of evolution in prestigious design offices of civil engineering design in Paris including INGERIOP, SYSTRA, EGIS-IOSIS and SNC LAVALIN, his passion for contemporary art and design drives him to create his label “The Close Galerie ”in Paris in 2007. In 2009, he created the Atelier IDA in Casablanca, where he tried to bring a strong character to spaces while respecting the context in which they were inscribed.
His approach is based on both subtle and assertive language in which formal research is of capital importance. He also teaches design. His biography is historized among the personalities who contributed to the development and influence of Morocco, in MOROCCO BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE, the first reference work of Morocco’s Economic Intelligence. Mahdi Naim continues to be a leader in advanced research and conceptual investigation. He collaborates with artists, designers, engineers by implementing the state of the art facilitating fluid, and dynamic achievements.
MMahdi Naim approaches his work with an introspection of his time without denying the past. His dynamic and innovative approach is based on inspirations and references to biomorphism and all the languages stemming from new design and manufacturing technologies. Hybrid creations, whose composition intrigues in details and forms. He works with a deliberate intention to develop new expressions by redirecting them towards dynamic creative atmospheres. These projects are intentionally designed as digitally manipulated and augmented spatial content. He works on diverse subjects through the interface of a rigorous practice, driven by attention to detail. Attentive to new trends, sensitive to innovative production tools, as much as to the beauty of the forms, his approach to design is dedicated to the search for refinement, without however falling into the conformism of good taste. Apart from a plastic research, animated by a deep desire for freedom, Mahdi Naim invites us to explore new technical or aesthetic possibilities.
- 2017 Abla Ababou Gallery, Rabat
- 2017 Quay of the creators of La Marina Morocco Rabat-Salé
- 2017 Casablanca Design Week
- “Roots and Wings” Exhibition School of Fine Arts
- 2012 Design Observeur 13 Exhibition at the City of Science and Industry
- 2011 Collective Of Moroccan Designers, Center Design Marseille
- 2011 Hassan II Golf Trophy, Rabat
- 2010 WIPO Headquarters, Geneva
- 2010 Hassan II Golf Trophy, Rabat
- 2010 Maison & Objet, Now Pavilion.
- 2009 Marrakech International Film Festival
- 2009 Maison & Objet, Pavillon Now
- 2008 Galerie Lafayette Paris Hausmann
- 2017 H2 / 61.26 Casablanca – Artistic intervention in companies
- ISCOM Lyon 2017 – The design
- Casablanca Design Week 2017 – I-story
- ISCOM Lyon 2016 – Design communicating seller design
- ESCA Maroc Ecole De Management 2016 -INNOVATION THROUGH DESIGN
- 2010 ONA Casablanca Foundation -Innovation In Business Through Design
- 2010 ONA Casablanca Foundation -Sustainable Development By ecodesign
- 2015 German Design Award Nominated
- Design Observeur Label 2012 13
- 2011 A ’Design Award And Competition, (Italy)
- 2010 Title Grand Maître Artisan (Ministry of Handicrafts and Social and Solidarity Economy of Morocco)
- 2010 Man Of Creation By MOROCCO BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE